Friday, 25 March 2016

Today ... A Work In Progress - Part 2

Hi everyone,

I'm back with part 2 of my "word of the year" project.  This is where I go up to last time, and you can find Part 1 here.

So here we go... first up I stamped and heat embossed the word "today" (this is an old Technique Tuesday set - I love it because the letters are outline and huge). I then painted inside the letters with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Gold paint.

Holding the sheet up, I then sprayed quite a lot of Tarnished Brass Distress Spray Stain at the top of the page - I let it drip down the page about halfway, before laying it back down on my table. I left it for a few moments and then blotted off the excess liquid.

Next I wanted to add some texture. I stenciled the dotty circles using Ranger's Texture Paste, and the chickenwire with Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste. I knew the Dreamweaver paste would go completely see through when it was dry, whereas Ranger's paste would stay fairly white (but still show hints of the colour underneath).

I painted some of the Crazing Distress Collage Medium over the circle stencils and onto blank areas too. I then went a little crazy with Tim Holtz's splatter tool and PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Little Black Dress paint. I {heart} the effect.

I added some Distress Crayons over the circle stenciled areas, and blended the colours in with a wet wipe. I think it was probably a bit too wet, as the colours merged into one to give an overall purple effect. But I still like it. In the picture below you can see the Crazing Collage Medium - I may still go over this again with the crayons  and work them in with a damp finger instead..

My final steps for this part was to add some spots with some white paint and the wooden end of a paintbrush, and ...

... some squiggles with my favourite Sharpie Extra Fine White Paint Pen.

Here's another close up ...

That's it for now ... but there will be more to come ... look out for Part 3 coming soon.