Sunday 12 April 2015

Dare To Spread Your Wings

Hi everyone,

I love quick and easy cards (as I'm usually trying to make one at the last minute!) ... and these really fit the bill!  Here's a couple of little cards that I made using a brayered background sheet that I had left over after demoing the technique in a class.  



If you're not familiar with this technique ... watch this fabulous video from Leandra at PaperArtsy first.




Instructions
1. Brayer a piece of A4 Smoothy card using the instructions in the video.   I used Smurf, Guacamole, Wisteria, Blue Oyster, Candy Floss and Chalk paints - in that order.  You will need to allow the sheet to dry fully before you stamp on it - if it feels cold to the touch, the layers are still wet - and it will not stamp nicely.   Use a heat gun if you want to speed up the drying process.  The less paint you use, the quicker it will dry!  I then cut up the sheet into 3"x3" squares (my card blanks are really small), and edged each piece with more Guacamole paint on the brayer.


2. Stamp with a Jet Black Archival Ink pad.   I've used the Prima "Don't Forget To Fly" stamp set for the butterflies and circles, and the greetings are from imagine that... "All Typed Up". Use the ink pad to edge each of the squares too.


3. Stick your stamped pieces to the card blanks (mine are only 3.5"x3.5" in size). 


4. To finish, add some detail with Diamond Stickles on the butterflies and around the edge of the stamped squares.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment