Sorry it's been a bit quiet on here this month ... I went for a long weekend away in Amsterdam at the beginning of it, and the rest of the time I've been a busy bee working on top secret PaperArtsy stuff. Put the 5th July in your diaries if you want to see what me, Jo, Lin and Mark have in store for you!
Anyway, tomorrow is Father's Day ... and as usual I've left making a card right until the last minute (but we won't tell him that!). This is it ... and the how-to is below.
1. I brayered a background on a piece of Smoothy cardstock (you can find how to do this in Leandra's fab video below).
I used Fresco Finish paints in French Roast, Taupe, Space Cadet, Stone and Lake Wanaka (and I applied them in that order).
2. When the background was dry I added some Fresco Finish Pewter. I didn't have the energy to shake the bottle, so I took the top off and dipped the non-brush end of a paintbrush in it to mix it up. When I pulled the brush out there was a lot of paint on the end so I rolled and splodged it onto the page. I also stamped PaperArtsy Mini 18, with the same paint, randomly all over the page.
3. I cut a card blank from metallic grey card (4.75"x9.5") and folded it in half. I then cut a piece of Vanilla Bazzill (4.25"x4.25"), and a piece from my background (4"x4"). I stuck them all together.
4. I added a strip of corrugated metallic grey card across the bottom. (I've had this in my stash for ages - no idea where I got it from, sorry. But it should be quite easy to replicate in a "ribbler" or you could paint some corrugated card with Fresco Finish Little Black Dress/Pewter).
5. Finally, I die-cut my word from the Vanilla card, and the stars from the metallic grey - and stuck them on with PVA glue and 3D Foam Pads.